taken at 10:00 a.m. each day. If your child is not in their classroom at 10:00,
they will be counted absent for the day.
ATTENDANCE RULES AND GUIDELINES
- All absences must be called into the office @ 677-2534 BEFORE 10:00 a.m. unless pre-approved by the Principal.
- A note must be sent with your child within 2 days after the absence or the absence will be unexcused if prior contact has not been made.
- If absent due to a doctor’s appointment, please bring a note from the doctor.
- Students who miss 3 consecutive days due to personal illness must bring a note from a doctor or licensed health care practioner who treated them.
- At 18 absences, a student loses credit under the compulsory attendance law (25.093 and Chapter 65, Texas Family code) and the attendance committee will have to determine whether to grant credit due to extenuating circumstances.
If a student
has three or more excused absences for three or more days or parts of days
within a four-week period but less than 10 or more days or parts of days with a
six-month period, the district shall initiate truancy prevention measures.
PARENT REQUEST FOR PRE-APPROVED ABSENCE
- Must be turned in at least THREE days prior to the absence requested.
- Only THREE days may be approved per semester.
- Campus Administration has the final determination in approving all requests.
- Students are tardy at 7:55. Students will need to check into the office for a tardy pass beyond this time.
- Parents, please walk your student into the office if they arrive after 8:00 a.m. as the doors will be locked at this time for safety. Small students may not be able to push the entrance button on their own.